The Barcelona team of the H2020 project Reinventing Democracy in Europe: Youth Doing Politics in Times of Increasing Inequalities is imparting a free online course on Youth and online political participation: motivations, spaces, practices and inhibitors.
The course will run during 4 weeks, from 18 June 2018 to 16 July 2018 and has the following goals:
- Define the profile of the millennial generation, especially its main inclusion / social exclusion vectors, and tell the differences and similarities with other former generations.
- Identify the main socialization and political participation practices of the millennial generation, especially political participation and online activism and its inhibitors.
- Make public policy proposals related to the political participation of millennials.
To achieve these goals, the course will have a weekly structure, covering the following topics:
- WEEK 1: Youth in Europe. Characterising the Millennials.
- WEEK 2: New online political participation spaces and practices.
- WEEK 3: Main barriers and inequalities of online political participation.
- WEEK 4: Public policy proposals on youth and online political participation.
The general dynamic of every week will be as follows:
- Watch an introductory video.
- Read the suggested readings.
- Do a self-assessment quizz.
- Do an assignment, usually writing some minor essay, share it publicly and comment it (assignments will not be corrected or marked)
The evolution of the course can be followed on Twitter at #EURYKAmooc.
The course provides no accreditation or certification.